Facing a criminal case can be extremely stressful, especially if it is your first encounter with the legal system. Criminal charges in Pennsylvania come with potentially severe penalties that can include time in prison, extensive fines, probation, and much more. If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The following links may provide basic guidance on the criminal justice system in Pennsylvania.
Important Criminal Laws
1. Pennsylvania Criminal Code – The body of laws that set out the wide variety of crimes and offenses in the state of Pennsylvania, along with the potential consequences of such offenses.
2. Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure – The rules that govern procedures of the criminal justice system in the state of Pennsylvania.
3. Title 18 of the United States Code – The federal laws that set out federal crimes, criminal procedure, and regulations regarding prisons and prisoners.
Criminal Justice Information
1. Overview of Criminal Justice – Wikipedia page providing information regarding the laws, goals, and history of the United States criminal justice system.
2. Philadelphia Bar Association – The criminal justice section of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
3. National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) – Website maintained by the federal government providing numerous helpful links regarding the criminal justice system in the United States.
4. Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency – Division of the state government committed to improving the criminal justice system and punblishing informative research and statistics.
Philadelphia Legal Services by Practice Area
1. The Zeiger Firm – Attorney Brian J. Zeiger assists individuals in Pennsylvania who are facing a wide variety of criminal charges, ranging from traffic violations to violent crimes. Mr. Zeiger also assists with criminal appeals, summary offenses, expungements and pardons, federal presidential pardons, and police brutality cases.
2. Pennsylvania Drug Crimes Attorney – Experienced criminal defense attorney Brian J. Zeiger, assists defendants in and around Philadelphia with cases involving drug and narcotic-related charges.
3. Philadelphia DUI Defense Attorney – Experienced l defense lawyer Brian J. Zeiger, handles a wide variety of cases involving driving under the influence (DUI) and related charges.
4. Pennsylvania Expungement and Pardon – Philadelphia criminal defense lawyers assisting individuals with criminal and arrest records receive expungements and/or pardons.
5. Pennsylvania Criminal Appeals Attorney – Assisting individuals who have been wrongly convicted of a criminal offense appeal their case and protect their rights.
6. Police Brutality Lawyers – Experienced attorneys in Philadelphia assisting the victims of police brutality bring legal claims against the responsible parties in civil court.
7. Pennsylvania White Collar – Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys through trial and appeal.
Notable Criminal Defense Law Firms
1. Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm – A criminal defense law firm serving Okaloosa County lead by Florida bar certified criminal legal expert Stephen G. Cobb.
Informational Criminal Defense Legal Blogs
1. Ask a Question to a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Attorney – Information regarding a wide variety of criminal defense topics.
2. Federal Presidential Pardons – A study of noteworthy presidential pardons from the perspective of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
3. LawGuru – Ask a question, get an answer. Its that easy.